Here are listed QlikSense main release updates since June 2017 release. Qlik will release QlikSense updates five times a year.
Dynamically generated queries to web sources in scripts
Loading a table from an analytic connection
- Return a full table in a single request to an analytic connection from the data load script, using the new Extension clause of Load
Simplify data preparation with recommended associations
- Use recommended associations to see possible associations between tables.
Styling an app with custom themes
- Custom themes to style an app on a global or granular basis:
- Change colors of background and individual chart elements.
- Define color palettes and color gradients.
- Specify font sizes and font color.
On-demand App Generation
- Create On-demand App Generation (ODAG) solutions with support for anonymous usage. This adds capabilities for external facing websites and OEM scenarios
SSO with Microsoft SQL Server
- Single connection to Microsoft SQL Server that can be shared across a number of different users
Keyboard navigation in Qlik Sense apps
- Navigation is supported both within the app overview page and within the Qlik Sense toolbar
Details dialog in Data manager
- Enables you to easily see the source of a table or field, the current changes that have been made, and the sequence in which the changes have been applied.
Add data manually
- Manually enter data in Add data in Data manager
Additional functions for calculated fields
- Scroll horizontally in a table
- Control the bubble size and add jittering of data points in a distribution plot
- Expression to set the color of a box plot or a distribution plot.
- Labels in a combo chart.
- Expression as the name of a sheet.
- Customize the message that is displayed when a calculation condition is not met.
- Add and refresh data in the sheet editor, without needing to go to the data manager.
New ODBC connectors
- Amazon Redshift
- Google BigQuery
SAML single logout
Sequential operations in Data manager
- Single data profiling card transformation on a single field, you can now use the data profiling cards, concatenation, calculated fields, and unpivoting data together.
Recent colors in color picker
- The color picker in Qlik Sense now displays the five most recent colors selected in Qlik Sense
Expression Driven Labels
- Provides the ability to use expressions in labels for dimensions and measures in property pane. E.g. This allows you to add dynamically calculated values into the labels on your charts.
Navigation and usability improvements to Data manager
- Waterfall chart
- Pivot Table Improvements
Ease-of-use enhancements to on-demand apps
Qlik Sense Mobile app
- All nodes now have direct access to a common database and file system.
New chart types and color options
- Box Plot
- Distribution plot
Assigníng colors to master items
Assigning colors to master dimension values
Enhanced data preparation
- Set nulls
On-demand apps for big data
Advanced analytics integration
- R and Python (SSE)
Three new monitoring apps
- Log Monitor
- Reloads Monitor
- Sessions Monitor