Here are listed QlikSense main release updates since June 2017 release. Qlik will release QlikSense updates five times a year.
Default Landing Sheets
- Possibility to apply predefined selections when opening Qlik Sense application
Increased Search Limit on Filter Panes
- Search value limit on a filter pane has been increased to 5,000 characters
- Efficient way to promote a dimension or measure created in an object to a master (Better productivity and reuse of dimensions and measures)
- At map possibility to show your location. New button added to activate functionality
Variance Waterfall Chart
- The Variance Waterfall added to visualization bundle
Pie chart styling
- New styling options
- to tune the pie chart outline width, color, corner radius and inner radius
Qlik Sense Mobile
- Support for MobileIron using Web@work
- Support for iPadOS
- Added to Qlik Sense Business, Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes.
- Updated SFDC connector to stay up to date with the latest API changes
- Integrated Snowflake connectivity on all Qlik Sense editions and deployment options
- except for Qlik Sense Cloud Business
Check out also Qlik Demo site’s => Whats new
Copy value to clipboard
- copy values to clipboard from tables
Grid layout on mobile devices
- choose the rendering layout for sheets on small screens, such as tablets and mobile phones
Native container object
- now released as a native container object
Visualizations and Mapping
- new charts for the Visualization Bundle
- Trellis container
- P&L pivot chart
Improved bar chart
- labels on stacked bars.
- improved tooltip for stacked bars now displays positive and negative totals.
- cut bars also for stacked bars when bars go outside of the measure range.
- chart with measures only, without dimension.
- styling options
- for the number of bars: auto, all or a fixed number.
- for stroke color, width and bar width.
- Toggle mini chart for all scales
Exploration menu for maps
- allows users to toggle layers and labels, adjust object size, and also change the base map image, map language, legend and zoom configuration
Qlik Sense Mobile
- Push notifications to Qlik Sense Mobile
- Insight advisor precedent based learning
- Download a single Visualization as data to Excel
- Support for RedHat Openshift in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes
- single sign-on (SSO) support in Windows
Check out also Qlik Demo site’s => Whats New App
- Provides Insights suggestions for excluded values
Visualization and Mappings
- Include new lines in labels
- New size legends for map point layers
- Insert images in map background layers
- Visualization Bundle
- Bar & Area Chart
- Bullet chart
- Standalone SaaS deployment option for Qlik Sense Enterprise (QSE), with the ability to create, reload, and consume Qlik Sense apps entirely on Qlik’s hosted cloud.
- Support for Enterprise Data Sources in a SaaS environment with ODBC Drivers in Qlik Cloud Services and Multi-Cloud environments.
- Extended connectivity reload capabilities with Basis Scheduled reloads for Enterprise SaaS
- Single page application flow
- The expression editor now provides a way to evaluate the results of calculations with dollar-sign expansions.
Visualizations and Mapping
- Funnel chart
- Sankey chart
- Radar chart
- Heat map chart
- Multi KPI
- Word cloud chart
- Network chart
- Dashboard Bundle
- Share button
- Support for WMS in map background layers
- Map charts can now use maps from third-party WMS servers as background layers.
Qlik Sense Mobile
- The Qlik Sense Mobile app is now available for devices running Android OS.
- Improved image management
- Support for variables in emails
- Improved Admin controls
Precedent based learning
- Machine Learning with precedent/application learning capabilities
Insight advisor light authoring
- Users change the suggested visualizations and analytics offered by the cognitive engine
- Create visualizations for comparative analysis based on a state other than the default selection state
- make different selections on the same dimension and compare them in a single visualization, or in two or more visualizations side by side
Exposed set analysis
- Easier for developers to create expressions with the correct set analysis syntax
Single selection in fields
- To enable the “always one selected value” for a particular field
Fully supported Dashboard Extension bundle
- extension bundle can be installed alongside Qlik Sense and are fully supported by Qlik
- Can choose to opt out of this bundle option
- The Dashboard bundle includes
- Date range picker
- Navigation button
- On-Demand reporting
- Tabbed container
- Show/hide container
- Variable input
Sharable Qlik Sense chart links
- Share chart links with custom selection states
- Currently available only in Qlik Cloud Services and Qlik Sense Enterprise for elastic deployments
New map chart layer
- A new map chart layer
- Displaying pie or bar charts on top of a map to illustrate distribution of values of multiples types
Improved pie chart
- Support a second measure to display multiple values in the outer radius
Further advancements in tile map services
- Advancements in tile map services, such as Bing Maps, are now supported by the map chart background layer
Import Export App enhancements
- Ability to import and export apps with or without data out of the QMC
- Multi-cloud offering now offers simplified configuration options using self-signed JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)
- Extended to all users of Qlik Sense apps
- Search and generate insights on master items
- Show or hide columns in a pivot table based on a formula
- Customize master measure items with color scales or gradients
Application management and customization
- Developers can disable responsive layout for sheets and set a custom size in pixels. (not supported in mobile device mode)
- Default bookmark for an app
- Improved control over Qlik Sense when using devices that support touch and mouse input events
- Density layer (multi-color gradient map background)
- Optimize performance when browsing dense maps with pixel zoom.
- Default colors for added layers.
- KML files with geographic line data (load and render)
- Manage field labels
Expression editor enhancements
- Direct links are provided to the Qlik Sense help page from expression functions.
- Improved categorization of functions.
- Improved search makes it easier to find field names, functions and variables.
- Native connectivity to MS Azure QSL DB
- Jira connector
- QlikODBC Connector (Enhanced security for LDAP authentication)
- Access to Qlik Sense Enterprise is now supported in AirWatch EMM (Enterprise Mobile Management) (Safari and Chrome or WMvare browsers)
Back end management
- Multiple apps can be moved between streams in the QMC
- Open source front end framework upgraded to version 1.6.9
- Auto-generates and suggest best insights for user
- Auto-generates visualization and analytics
- Add auto-generated insight directly to sheets
Accelerated Self Service
- Automated chart generation based on data
- Alternative chart suggestion to user to consider
- Improvements to workflows and properties
Advanced authoring and publishing
- Scrollable sheets
- Resizable sheets
- Expression editor improvements
- Expression labels for dynamic naming of charts, visualization and sheets
- Direct editing Master Items
- Self Service publishing in the Qlik Sense Hub
- New line layer
Qlik Sense Hub
- Dedicated section to published apps
Connectors available at ODBC data connectivity package
- Apache Spark
- Apache Phoenix
- Apache Drill
File connector filtering option
- Keyboard based navigation
- Select sheets and objects
- Selection in table
- Navigate forward and back
- Navigate the hub
- Chart to table flipping
Multi cloud cababilities
- Use Qlik Cloud or Public Cloud for consumption
- New hub experience
- Single license
- Single login
- Scale with Linux Containers
Accelerated self-service with Qlik Sense chart suggestions
- Easier to create a visualization by allowing you to simply drag and drop fields onto your sheets. Chart suggestions are created using the Cognitive Engine in Qlik, which leverages insights from the data loaded and combines them with best practices for data visualization
Publishing an app from the hub
- Publish an app that you have created to any stream for which you have publish access.
Improvements based on customers feedback
- Grid size of an app sheet can now be customized with three different sizes: small, medium or large.
- You can now set custom abbreviations in the load script. For example, you can choose to use Billions instead of G.
- When clicking the Edit button of a Linked visualization, a new shortcut redirects you to editing the Master visualization item.
- New keyboard shortcuts for selection back/forward have been added.
- Support for multiple layers.
- Labels for point layers and area layers.
- Quick look up of countries, divisions, cities, postal code areas.
- No fixed upper limit of number of objects.
- Circle select with distance measure.
- Drill down support.
- Layer control, zoom limit and draw order.
- English or local name in the background map.
Keyboard navigation support for Qlik Sense hub
- Qlik Sense hub now supports keyboard navigation and shortcuts
Linking Qlik Sense Mobile to third-party applications
- Interact with third party mobile applications through a custom generated URL (deep link). The link can be embedded within the third party mobile application, with appropriate selections and filters
- It is no longer necessary to use port 4244 as the authentication port. If you are using SSL to protect your environment, you can use port 443 as an external facing port for the Qlik Sense Proxy service (QPS).
Per-app VPN mode for Qlik Sense Mobile
- Qlik Sense Mobile now works in a per-app VPN mode with the appropriate VMware Workspace ONE tunnel components
Allocations for new license types
- Professional and Analyzer license types can now configure the allocation of these licenses in the QMC
Analytic connections improvement
- Administrators have the ability to add, remove, and reconfigure Analytic connections without additional restarts of any service becoming required for the Analytic connections to function
Enable anonymous users to export data
- Anonymous users can print and export data
More info: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Content/WhatsNew/What-is-new-Apr2018.htm
Dynamically generated queries to web sources in scripts
Loading a table from an analytic connection
- Return a full table in a single request to an analytic connection from the data load script, using the new Extension clause of Load
Simplify data preparation with recommended associations
- Use recommended associations to see possible associations between tables.
Styling an app with custom themes
- Custom themes to style an app on a global or granular basis:
- Change colors of background and individual chart elements.
- Define color palettes and color gradients.
- Specify font sizes and font color.
On-demand App Generation
- Create On-demand App Generation (ODAG) solutions with support for anonymous usage. This adds capabilities for external facing websites and OEM scenarios
SSO with Microsoft SQL Server
- Single connection to Microsoft SQL Server that can be shared across a number of different users
Keyboard navigation in Qlik Sense apps
- Navigation is supported both within the app overview page and within the Qlik Sense toolbar
Details dialog in Data manager
- Enables you to easily see the source of a table or field, the current changes that have been made, and the sequence in which the changes have been applied.
Add data manually
- Manually enter data in Add data in Data manager
Additional functions for calculated fields
- Scroll horizontally in a table
- Control the bubble size and add jittering of data points in a distribution plot
- Expression to set the color of a box plot or a distribution plot.
- Labels in a combo chart.
- Expression as the name of a sheet.
- Customize the message that is displayed when a calculation condition is not met.
- Add and refresh data in the sheet editor, without needing to go to the data manager.
New ODBC connectors
- Amazon Redshift
- Google BigQuery
SAML single logout
Sequential operations in Data manager
- Single data profiling card transformation on a single field, you can now use the data profiling cards, concatenation, calculated fields, and unpivoting data together.
Recent colors in color picker
- The color picker in Qlik Sense now displays the five most recent colors selected in Qlik Sense
Expression Driven Labels
- Provides the ability to use expressions in labels for dimensions and measures in property pane. E.g. This allows you to add dynamically calculated values into the labels on your charts.
Navigation and usability improvements to Data manager
- Waterfall chart
- Pivot Table Improvements
Ease-of-use enhancements to on-demand apps
Qlik Sense Mobile app
- All nodes now have direct access to a common database and file system.
New chart types and color options
- Box Plot
- Distribution plot
Assigníng colors to master items
Assigning colors to master dimension values
Enhanced data preparation
- Set nulls
On-demand apps for big data
Advanced analytics integration
- R and Python (SSE)
Three new monitoring apps
- Log Monitor
- Reloads Monitor
- Sessions Monitor