We cannot avoid seeing the importance of data today regardless if it is private or business data. How do we read, create or communicate the data as information is another question.
This is very interesting topic to look closer. Here you can find books recommendations and interesting links.
“Data literacy is a journey, one that individuals and organizations are starting to attack head on” – Qlik
- Not all need to be Data Scientist
- Not all need to be statistics experts
- Capability to eaqually discuss, analyze, argue considering person’s roles, responsibilitys etc.
What are the benefits of being Data Literate?
- Better decision making, better business
- Better and exact communication
- Understandable priorities and how one is performing when targeting their priorities
- Learning culture -> Question Why
Data Literacy books:
Recommendations by @JordanMorrow
- Endurance Shackletons’ Incredible Voyage
- Everybody Lies ( Big data, new data, and what the internet can tell us about who we really are)
- Data Literacy Project: Building a Data Literate Workforce w/ @PaulMalyonData and @analytics_time
Data Literacy reading links:
- Data Literacy Project
- To Prepare Millennials for the Workplace Add Data Literacy to Mainstream Curriculum
- People needed to derive value from data
- The Importance of Data Literacy
- The Secret to Organization Data Science Success: Data Literacy:
- Making Learning a Part of Everyday Work:
- WHO IS DRIVING YOUR DATA CULTURE TRANSFORMATION?:
- Don’t ignore your data: How a lack of data literacy is costing your business:
- Data Literacy: The Basis of a Data Driven Organization:
- Tackling the corporate data literacy shortfall in 2019:
- How To Cultivate A Data-Literate Workforce: